All shipping is via FedEx Ground/Home Delivery. We ship orders on Monday for Wednesday or Thursday delivery. Place your order before midnight Mountain Time on the preceding Sunday for Monday shipment. Please note that this holiday season order shipping has been taking longer than normal. If you have a specific date that you need your lamb for, we strongly encourage you to select a shipping date at checkout that is least one week before your event. You will be contacted by customer service if your order cannot be shipped as specified.
If you have any problems with your order please contact us by the next business day at email@example.com or call us at 1 (888) 528-5253 or (208) 788-9778 from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM Mountain Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
Lava Lake Lamb makes every attempt to fulfill orders on the customer requested ship date and to your specifications. Unforeseen circumstances and holidays can force exceptions to delivery. Below are important shipping notes to keep in mind when placing your order.
- All shipments require a street address (sorry, no PO boxes).
- Lava Lake Lamb is not responsible for incorrect or incomplete shipping addresses.
- All products ship frozen and will arrive frozen or partially thawed. Please plan ahead for this when ordering.
- Inclement weather and other unforeseen circumstances can cause shipments to be delayed.
- Lava Lake Lamb is not responsible for shipment delays caused by adverse or unpredictable weather conditions.
- Our products vary in the amount of days it will take to completely thaw, please plan accordingly and schedule shipments to allow for thawing.
- Be sure to double check gift recipient addresses.
- Billing customer is responsible to make sure gift recipient is available for delivery.
FedEx will leave your lamb order at your door with no signature required. We guarantee your delivery up to the point when it arrives at your door. If FedEx delivers on time but the package is stolen, you forget to put the meat directly in the refrigerator or freezer, or leave on vacation and the product sits and spoils, we cannot be responsible. We’ll do our best to get your meat to you in top condition; we ask that you partner with us once it hits your doorstep!
FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery will deliver by end of day Wednesday or Thursday. This delivery time can be as late as the evening hours in some locations. Saturday deliveries are not available. Ground shipping not available for Alaska or Hawaii.
2 Day Shipping
FedEx 2nd day service will deliver the package by the end of the second business day after shipping. This delivery time can be as late as the evening hours in some locations. Saturday deliveries are not available.
In what condition are your products shipped?
- We hand pick and pack each individual order to ensure that your products are received in optimal condition. Each package includes a re-usable insulated cooler and is shipped with dry ice to maintain the appropriate temperature for your product(s) during shipping. All perishable products ship frozen and will arrive frozen, partially thawed or chilled.
Will my product remain frozen during delivery?
- We ship our products in a refrigerated environment via our bio friendly insulated coolers with dry ice. Our products will arrive frozen, partially thawed or chilled.
Can I refreeze products after they have been delivered?
- If a cut has not been completely defrosted it can be placed in the freezer without any potential harm to flavor. After a cut has been completely defrosted, we do not recommend re-freezing it. Defrosted products can be kept in the refrigerator and should be used in approximately 7 days in their original packaging. Do NOT refreeze ground lamb or sausage.