- 8 Lava Lake Lamb Loin Chops
- 1 Tbsp dried orange rind
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
Rub both sides of the lamb chops with salt and pepper first so that it stays on the lamb chops.
Mix the chili powder and orange rind in a small bowl and rub that blend onto both sides of the lamb chops until well coated. Let lamb chops sit for 30 minutes.
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 fresh poblano pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 fresh serrano chile, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Combine the garlic, bay leaves, peppers, and sea salt in a mortar and mash with a pestle until a smooth paste is formed. (If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, put all the ingredients into a blender along with just a teaspoon or so of the vinegar.)
Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the parsley, oregano, and basil. Whisk in the vinegar and olive oil until well combined. Set aside.
Place the lamb chops on the hot grill and sear lamb chops on all sides until caramelized. Place the lamb chops on a rack in a roasting pan and slide it into the hot oven for 20 minutes for medium-rare lamb chops.
Spoon the chimichurri sauce over the lamb chops and serve.