- 2 Tbsp white rice
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- 1/4 cup finely diced shallots
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 12 butter lettuce leaves to use as wraps
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup finely julienned sweet onion
- cup thinly sliced cucumber
Toast white rice in a dry pan until golden brown. Add red chili flakes after the heat is off. Toss together, let cool and then grind into a rice powder.
Brown the ground lamb in a large skillet until brown. Remove ground lamb from skillet and drain off the excess grease.
Saute the shallots and garlic in the pan until they lighten in color, but do not caramelize.
Add the drained ground lamb back to the pan, add the rice powder and stir.
Combine the fish sauce, lime juice and sriracha sauce and add to ground lamb. Just before serving, add cilantro.
To serve, make little ground lamb tacos with the lettuce as the wrapper and the vegetables as added filler. Top with sriracha or Nuoc Cham.
- 6 smashed cloves of garlic
- 1 hot red chili pepper
- 2 limes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 cup water
Combine garlic, pepper, lime and sugar in a food processor and puree into a paste. Add fish sauce and water and puree until combined.